- Adoptions: Benchmark Advance by Benchmark Education, Junior Great Books, Project Read, Read Naturally, Step Up To Writing, Common Core Standards Plus Language Arts
- Students will be learning and enhancing skills in grammar, comprehension, fluency, writing, vocabulary, different types of genre and their elements, structure of non-fiction reading, plays, poetry, and mythology.
- Novels: Class will be reading approximately 2-3 novels in class during the school year.
- Adoption: Go Math by Houghton Mifflin, Common Core Standards Plus Math.
- Students will be learning and enhancing skills in: fractions, formulas, geometry facts, algebraic equations, data analysis, problem solving, and mastering addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division by the end of the year.
- Reflex Math Fluency
Math Facts Mastery Expectations:
End of October students must be able to do:
- adding and subtracting numbers in the 1,000's
End of February students must be able to do:
- adding and subtracting numbers in the 10,000's
End of May students must be able to do:
- adding and subtracting numbers in the 100,000's
- multiplication and division with 90% accuracy (60 problems within 5 minutes)
- multiplying double digits
- Students will be learning the following concepts (NGSS):
- Structure, function , and information processing.
- Earth systems: Processes that shape the earth
- Waves and Information
- Engineering and Design
- Gizmo Explore Learning
- Adoption: Our California by Scott Foresman
- Students will be learning how to use map skills, the Native Americans, the Gold Rush, ranchos, the transformation of California, and the comparison of state and federal government. Our Hands on History field trips (3 for the whole year - California Native American Days, Rancho/Mission Days, and Gold Rush) will also be covering some of the mentioned material.
- Students will be learning the basics of computer coding, how to create Google Slides and Google Documents. Keyboarding will also be practiced along with an introduction to computer coding after state testing. Each student will have their own Google Drive student account issued by the district. Please see the online resources link for directions on how to log on to your child's Google Drive account from home.